Help on the Road to Recovery
The road to recovery after a heart attack, heart surgery, or other heart or lung-related illness can be a long one. Often permanent changes to your lifestyle are required to ensure your ongoing health.
Pulse Heart Institute's Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is here to support you along that road. Our comprehensive approach for improving and maintaining cardiovascular health is designed to help you live a healthier lifestyle and improve the health of your heart.
How We Help
Pulse Heart Institute's Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is run by a skilled and experienced team that includes registered nurses, respiratory therapists and exercise specialists. We work closely with your doctor to create a program to address your specific needs and to track your ongoing progress.
The length of time you'll spend in our program is dependent on your needs, but on average patients spend about 12 weeks with us. During that time, you'll have weekly sessions with the members of our team assigned to your rehabilitation program. Sessions may include:
- Medically Monitored Exercise: Exercise sessions are medically monitored and are designed to improve your physical endurance and to help you establish an appropriate exercise program.
- Nutrition: Through nutrition education taught by our Registered Dietitian, you will learn to follow a heart-healthy eating plan. Our staff members emphasize a realistic approach to managing weight and improving cholesterol and glucose levels.
- Relaxation and Stress Management Techniques: Our staff will teach you strategies to relax and manage stress. You will learn deep breathing and focusing techniques that elicit the relaxation response, which when done regularly, decrease stress and restore a sense of control and well-being.?
- Education: Our staff will help you learn several ways to manage and live with your disease or condition. We have many educational opportunities in the program, including online access to many of our educational resources: Cardiopulmonary Rehab Education.
Schedule an Appointment
Pulse Heart Institute's Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is offered in Auburn, Gig Harbor, Puyallup, Spokane and Tacoma and is available by doctor-referral only.
To schedule an appointment or refer a patient, call
- Auburn phone: 253-545-2559, fax: 253-333-2607
- Gig Harbor phone: 253-403-1058, fax: 253-403-4386
- Puyallup phone: 253-545-2559, fax: 253-333-2607
- Spokane phone: 509-473-7901, fax: 509-473-2309
- Tacoma phone: 253-403-1058, fax: 253-403-4386